Welcome back to Term 3! Again it is an environment that’s a little different from what we expected. A highlight from the last term was to see so much improvement from our music students when they returned to face-to-face learning.
It was exciting to see the commitment and diligence of students across all year levels. This was evident in the attendance of the many online lessons and ensembles each week. Unfortunately, we are not able to showcase the students’ work in a concert format, but we would like to share with you some snippets of the work that was produced by the students and staff at HCC. The following videos are of our Year 7 Band and one of our VCE students, Isaac John, performing ‘The Listener’ by Lachlan Davidson. We are very proud of what they have achieved. Please enjoy these recordings that we have put together for you (please click the underlined below).
Heatherton @ Home
The following outlines the requirements for instrumental lessons during Heatherton @ Home. Please make sure you read this information if your child is having private music lessons.
As we continue Heatherton @ Home, the Music Department has once again moved to deliver instrumental lessons remotely for students, commencing in Week 2.
The online platforms used in the previous lock-down will continue to be utilised, with times being posted on Compass and Teams Calendar and lessons being undertaken on Microsoft Teams, via a one to one video call. Just some reminders regarding instrumental lessons:
- Lesson notification will be sent out at the beginning of the week through Compass Newsfeed with timetables attached, and individual Compass timetables will reflect these times as well. It is your responsibility to check this information, as individual reminder emails will not be sent.
- Any changes made after the Newsfeed notification will be communicated to you via email.
- Any problems, queries or uncertainties with your lesson time need to be referred to Mrs. Man or Mrs. Sim as soon as you are aware of any issue.
- Make sure you are ready and set up 5-10 minutes prior to your lesson commencing, with your instrument (tuned), music and device. Please note that you will need a music stand and a place to put your device.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you are on time for your lesson.
- Rescheduling of lesson times due to clashes with important class tasks needs to be requested at least 24 hours prior to the lesson.
Head of Music